Monday, August 17, 2009

Wtf is wrong with him?!


What is up with NBA baller Stephon Marbury? Over the past few weeks, he's been displaying some very odd behavior and streaming it online for all to see via Justin.TV.
From breaking down into tears during one viral video to eating Vaseline on another, those watching are starting to wonder while others are beginning to worry about the one-time NBA star.
The most recent controversial video Marbury streamed online showed him smoking marijuana -- a no-no for an NBA player, especially a free agent awaiting offers from potential teams.
In the clip, he's seen puffing on a hand-rolled joint while riding in the passenger seat of a vehicle, and later confirmed that it was marijuana.
"The cat is out the bag, I smoke marijuana," Marbury says in the clip while laughing. "Yep, I can relate [smiling into the webcam] ... oh, you saw me, you guys saw me."
While explaining into a webcam inside a sporting goods store, Marbury is told by another man that it is a bad idea to smoke weed, especially since he's a professional athlete. This is when the basketball player corrects him, making it clear that he's a free agent and isn't bound by the NBA's rules presently.
"I'm not on a team, I'm not under contract. I can do whatever I want to do, I'm a grown man," he says. "I smoke weed occasionally. But guess what, I'm not under contact, I'm not playing basketball. I'm not driving, I'm not in the car intoxicated, so I'm following the rules.
"You can buy marijuana. you can go inside a store, they give marijuana to cancer patients, then they tell kids that you can't smoke marijuana?" Marbury asks.
It's unclear what the motivation behind his odd behavior is, but the viral videos are sure drawing a lot of attention. Some have speculated that Marbury may be seeking a reality show deal and acting out for show, while others have questioned whether or not he is on drugs.
Whatever it is, it may have a negative effect on his NBA career, especially after the weed smoking clip.
At press time, there had been no official offers from teams for next NBA season. It is rumored that the Washington Wizards have shown interest though.






http://ballerstatus.com/player/einterface.php" language="javascript">

No comments:

Post a Comment